I remember when I was in high school; I was so Pro-Black that it came off as anti-everything. I look back at that stage with such admiration because it was the first sign that I could receive information and it actually created an emotion that led to action… how else would I have become an advocate? Sounds silly, but over time I was able to find a Love of Being Black that didn’t isolate others or deny my feeling. Growth is learning to adjust as the world around you changes based off new information and experiences. Who have you grown into?
21-30 are some of the things I’ve learned and adjusted over time to fit my joy
21. I love to talk but these days I find I do a lot more listening
22. So guess I’ve learned to love listening
23. But all of that said I am really not a telephone person
24. I am motivated to continue growing
25. I love helping others
26. I am touchy, so yes I will give away hugs
27. I love to teach
28. I love to learn
29. I like solutions to a problem
30. I will offer advice but only if I would be willing to take that same advice (like love yourself first)
The fourth “Pieces of Me: 31-40 are some of the things that helped build my joy” will be posted on December 5, 2012.